Foundation Classical Guitar Course
An in depth study of the fundamental techniques and concepts required by students of Classical, Spanish and Latin guitar styles covering correct left and right hand position, basic theory concepts, essential picking techniques, fretboard knowledge, chord construction, scales and much more!
What you will learn on this course
On this course you will be learning about and developing –
- Your knowledge of the guitar fretboard and layout
- Your knowledge of basic music theory and how it relates to the guitar
- How to read and understand simple music notation (an optional benefit of taking the course)
- Correct picking hand technique and position
- Correct fretting hand technique and position
- How to avoid hand injuries and build relaxed endurance
- Ligados or hammer-ons and pull-offs
- How scales and chords are constructed
- How to use scales and chords in your playing and why they are useful
- Chord pivot points and how to use them to develop fluid and accurate chord changes
- Bar chords and how to develop the fretting hand strength needed to play them
- and more…
By following this course and systematically putting into practice what you learn as you progress through the lessons you will develop the kind of technique, strength and understanding needed for the eventual mastery of the classical guitar (if that is your aim). And if you just want to gain a better understanding of the classical guitar and develop a solid technical foundation for accompanying yourself and others, or to develop better technique for soloing on the nylon strung guitar, or you already play steel strung guitar and want to develop your classical, Spanish or latin style playing as well then this course is also for you!
Meet Your Tutor
Dale Harris (BA hon, MA, PhD) is a professional musician, a Doctor of Musicology, a classical, acoustic and electric guitarist and guitar teacher based in London UK. He has played solo classical guitar recitals, performed concerti with orchestra and has accompanied music industry legends such as Cliff Richard and Lorne Gibson.